Tech Support banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a data junkie! I would like to make a homepage that loads when I open FF that has 24 folders or icons. Each folder or icon will have a pull down list of all of the bookmarked websites related to that topic. For example the first folder/icon might be about hydroponic gardening. When I click on it, I see a (long) list of websites related to that topic. Is there an wysiwyg app that I can use to do this? maybe even an add-in? I have searched through ff add-ins but did not find anything - that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,962 Posts
Any cloud storage by any app or user is controlled by the user.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any cloud storage by any app or user is controlled by the user.
Thanks! I will check it out. I ask because in half a year I am going to be going off grid, and the quality of internet is going to diminish. I am trying to remove any and all apps now that require storing things online that could be stored on the computer.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
There are some good things about start.me but it messes up the use of Google.com - my search results are much more skewed now to $$$ making institutions. Google is still the default search engine, though. Do you have any other suggestions? Will Kompozer (an ancient open source webpage designer) do the trick?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,962 Posts
As far as I know Kompozer is a Web Site building program. If you want to do that, post in the appropriate forum within our Design Forum.

Reactions: pengyou

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. If I could point "yet another speed dial" to a folder in Firefox that had bookmarks in it I think that would be perfect. Is this possible?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts