Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm running a Gateway 550GR, Intel 915G Express Chipset which has an integrated sound card. Updated my drivers, checked the BIOS settings, everything seems to be OK, but still... No sound, just that annoying system beeping. I've tried System Restore and Windows couldn't do it properly, and I don't want to wipe and load. I've checked the Device Manager and I can't enable the following.

Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices

SO! I'm in a rut and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
dreddedblaze said:
Hello, I'm running a Gateway 550GR, Intel 915G Express Chipset which has an integrated sound card. Updated my drivers, checked the BIOS settings, everything seems to be OK, but still... No sound, just that annoying system beeping. I've tried System Restore and Windows couldn't do it properly, and I don't want to wipe and load. I've checked the Device Manager and I can't enable the following.

Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices

SO! I'm in a rut and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance!
With your MOB / driver disk handy , Disable the sound card in device manager reboot and when windows find new hardware have it look on the disk for the drivers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I found the CD and I ran the installs for the Audio Drivers. The only problem is, I get a message that says the system drivers are newer than the ones on the CD. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still having problems with this "No sound" thing. I've looked at the Sound and Audio Device Properties, and the Sound Playback and Sound Recording options are grayed out. How can I solve this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.