Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am an avid user of HJT and have been using it for over 6 years now. I consider myself to be somewhat decent at being able to read the log file and removing the bad processes from it. However, I am unable to "Fix Selected" processes on my friends computer. It gives me an error message saying that I need to run the program as an Administrator. However, when I right click the HJT icon, there is no "Run as Administrator" function. Also it does not create a log file of the HJT scan. It just creates a blank notepad file. I know this computer is completely infected with virii, trojans, malware, and anything else under the sun out there. Reformatting and reinstalling Windows is not an option at this time, because my friend no longer has her CD Key for Vista. That leaves me with the absolutely painful task of trying to clean it out.

I've run Spybot Search & Destroy, MalwareBytes, CCleaner, Ad-Aware, Avast, AVG, SuperAnti-Spyware and Microsoft Security Essentials all multiple times yet the computer is still massively infected. I believe HiJack This could easily alleviate some of my problems if only i could use it to its full potential.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol been at this for 2 days already and I'm getting grey hairs from it.... I'm only 22 :upset:

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello TehBurnt,

Please -- save yourself time and aggravation. While you may have been using HJT for the past 6 yrs, in the last 2 yrs it has fallen quite short.

As such, HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum, (nor many other of the major malware help forums). With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of, and remove the malware.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your next reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.