Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there. just recently i noticed the my gainward geforce 4 ti 4200 has been extremely hot. the front of the card is okay, but the back of the card could cook an egg!!! not playing. i touched the back part where the fan is on the other side, and it was sooooo hot. then i touched this little square thing, and it kinda burned my finger! i bought a thermaltake copper cooler, but it didn't stop the back of the card from getting so hot. so what should i do? is this normal????? i'm worried cuz i've been crashing like crazy. i crash mostly when i play games. the screen would turn all colorful...kinda like a kaleidoscope. what should i do??? thanks for the help in advance!!!

S

·
0 Posts
I would borrow another video card and try it to see if it helps.

How old is the video card with the problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi.

I have the same card and the same problem. It appears fist time today as i play Unreal Tournament. After i reboot the pc the screen are colored, too.

Then I turn it off. After I start it again there was no problem. The card is very, very hot and I have a CS 901 with six case-coolers. I think about to change the card if it happends again.

greetz Final =)

PS. I´m german, so sorry if my english is to bad.

S

·
0 Posts
Do these cards have fans on the chipset?

If not that would be my first choice to try and correct the problem......:D

S

·
0 Posts
Try leaving the cover off and put a fan blowing into the case right next to the case and see if this helps.

S

·
0 Posts
Gt20o08 how are you making out with your problem?

I was waiting for your reply before the thread got highjacked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.