Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Can anyone please help? i have been trying to find out this info for days and i only want to upgrade my memory. I have a HP media centre m1261.uk pc. I know that the memory installed and the memory i need should be

ddr 400 pc3200 non ecc. This is what crucial.com recommend but it doesn't say if it is High ir Low Density. CT540837 DDR PC3200 • CL=3 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR400 • 2.6V • 128Meg x 64

or does it to the trained eye because i just don't have a clue.

I have tried to get the info from HP Technical department but one person tells me one thing and someone else tells me something else which has left me unsure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
I would shop around for memory sticks according to the model numbers by the memory stick manufacturers website selectors

for example

if corsair says its model=ABC-123 512mb sticks are approved for your board

then go to the retailers website and look for Corsair DDR400 ram / then look at the model number for the match ABC-123

BTW: I am pretty sure any sticks 512mb or higher are going to be high density or else they coudnt get that many chips on a stick

then you go to an etailer like this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/search/?strSearch=&bolShowAll=true&intStoreID=2&intCatID=3&intSubcatUID=2043&intMfrID=314&bolShowAll=true

and shop by model number

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks like your system has Intel chipsets, which are likely to require low density. I think 1 GB low density is 128x64. I think low density can be used in boards that take high density, so I would buy low density just to be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.