Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently put together a new pc, details of the specs can be found below and in the benchmark link as well.

I'm not sure what could be causing it, but despite having a good internet connection,

1. I can't seem to load a webpage without refreshing it a few times (then it loads fine)
  2. Videos don't load until I refresh the page and the buffering takes a very long time
  3. Everything from opening folders to even using the outlook/mail app takes a very long time. Even now, I am still waiting on my email to send.
Both my old PC and work laptop are connected the same way but load everything fine and quickly, its only on this new computer that I am having these issues.

Regardless of the Internet load times, I also can't load previews of even images in my pictures folder and launching any game takes at least 30 seconds to a minute where as before it was instant. Its strange because I can boot up into windows less than 3 seconds, but can't open games in less than a minute.

Even now, I open youtube on this PC and it doesn't load but on the work laptop its instant. Would really appreciate any help with this issue, its driving me nuts that I spent so much money and even something as basic as a thumbnail of an image in my pictures folder doesn't load.

Thing's I've tried,

1. Test Internet connection (it seems to be fine, Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test)
  2. Disk clean up
  3. CCleaner
  4. Ran ESET for any viruses/etc.
  5. Updated all drivers
  6. Tried different browsers
Please let me know if there's anything else I can try, thank you very much!!

Benchmark Link: MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI (MS-7D89) Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Specs:

CPU: INTEL INTEL I9-13900K BOX
Graphics: MSI RTX4080 16GB GAM X TRIO
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WF ATX D5
SSD: SAMSUNG E 1TB 980PRO NVME GEN4SSD
RAM: G.SKILL 32G 2X D5 6000 C36 TRGB B
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360
PSU: SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000 80+G FM ATX
Case: LIANLI LANCOOL III TG BLACK RGB

· Registered
5,890 Posts
Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and open Task Manager. Is something using 100% of your CPU's resources? If so, what is it? Do you have a third-party anti-malware app that's scanning. Even Microsoft's own Windows Defender will sometimes bring your PC to a standstill when it's running a full scan.

Do you periodically restart your system? PCs need to be rebooted occasionally. Have you checked for and installed the latest updates?

If none of these things identifies the problem then check and repair your Windows install.

Winkey-R, type "cmd" press Ctrl-Shift-Enter
Enter the two commands, one at a time. Note that they will take some time to complete.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /SCANNOW

Reboot your computer.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply!

CPU isn't being used to the max, screenshots below for reference. I've checked that both ESET and Windows Defender aren't scanning. I turn off my PC every couple of days, at least once a week for sure. All drivers are up to date, excluding Nvidia that just released one as of today.

I completed those cmd scans and the results are below. I also restarted the PC just now, but the issue hasn't been fixed because when the PC booted up, it again took me a while to open this page despite my work laptop opening it in instantly.

C:\Windows\System32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.22621.1

Image Version: 10.0.22621.1105

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.
_
C:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
_

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I turned off the VPN background processes (set them to manual rather than automatic in the Services app) but it didn't make a difference unfortunately.

Despite the benchmark site saying my RAM is working fine, is there a way to test it? How about my SSD? I know for a fact the issue cannot be my Internet because other PC's/laptops are connected the same way but load everything instantly. Even non-internet related items, such as launching a video game (like CSGO) takes significantly longer than my old PC.

· Registered
5,890 Posts
There's a new BIOS for your motherboard that just came out this month. You might install the motherboard drivers listed on your motherboard's site too rather than use the Windows drivers.

You can search for the windows memory diagnostic and run it but I doubt it till tell you anything. Usually RAM errors cause crashes. CrystalDiskMark can test your SSD's speeds. I suggest only running the read tests as there is no need to cause wear to a SSD by writing to it unnecessarily.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated the BIOS (screenshots attached) and I enabled XMP in BIOS. The PC definitely feels faster, but I still cannot load webpages normally without having to refresh several times and starting some applications (such as steam, games, etc.) takes much longer than usual.

My Internet speeds are fine, Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, but I cannot load anything in a timely manner.

Could there be an issue with my Internet/router despite the higher speeds?

BIOS CPU:

BIOS Memory:

BIOS Storage:

The screenshot was taken before I enabled XMP, so my current memory speeds are at 6000MHz

· Registered
5,890 Posts
Have you checked your router for a new firmware update? You said that you updated "all" other drivers too. Did this include the network and chipset drivers from your motherboard's website? For instance, a new WiFi driver for your motherboard just came out this month. A new GeForce 40-series driver just came out two days ago.

Clear temporary files from your PC. The attached batch file makes this easy. You should right-click on it, select edit, and view its contents before running it -- this is just good policy for anything you download off of the internet.

Or, you can create your own .bat file:

Code:
@echo off
del "%tmp%\*.*" /s /q /f
FOR /d %%p IN ("%tmp%\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q

Clear your browser cache too. How to do this depends on your browser.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts