Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so whenever i run latencymon with a high cpu active game it gives me this warning error thingy:
Your system seems to have difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

ive tried without intel turbo speed,with hpet disabled power setting at max and with core unparked and parked.
i still get it.
notice that its not the red warning

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Return the BIOS to default and enable Turbo Boost.

Do you actually experience any of those things?

Let's take a look at your system temperatures. Follow this guide here:

How to check your system temperatures | Tech Support Forum
temps are safe worry not, ive already reset bios and im not sure if i have experienced any of it to be honest.
i got an logitech 430 which is mostly plastic, i tried unplugging it and using an samsung inear from my phone and i didnt get any, i then tried with my logitech on but not plugged in to anything and i happend, so i suppose its the headset..
but id still love to know why it says my pc might have dificulty

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,558 Posts
I would still like to see the temps of the PC and while your at it, please provide the 12V, 3.3V, 5V, and VCORE voltages.

I think what your reading off of that software is worthless information.

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,558 Posts
Voltages are spot on, quite rare to see. What is the make and model number of your PSU?

Everything too me shows that your system is running fine. I think that software you're using is just BS.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i hear these "clicks and pops" but it doesnt sound like its etc from the music and always just one side of the headset thats why i though it might be the plastic on it

·
Premium Member
Olfactory training for spam detection.
5,883 Posts
You need to rule out any physical/hardware reasons (front/rear sockets + different 'phones/speakers) before jumping into DPC's and ISR's etc.

Windows testing should begin with a baseline at idle, most Windows subsystems are much higher stressed when gaming which makes it very hard to filter normal from abnormal.

LatencyMon is another tool you can use to try to track down any issues within Windows but the best method is using Windows Performance Toolkit from the Windows Performance Toolkit - unfortunately, my brain freezes just looking at the output from that.

Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

·
Premium Member
Olfactory training for spam detection.
5,883 Posts
That screenshot just shouts "data transfer/excess paging bottleneck"; the only audio problem you've described sounds like a headset that needs repair/replacement.

Can we see a screenshot of LatMon run when your system is idle, please?

Also a full breakdown of your hardware, including make/model#, and monitor resolution.

What game(s) do you play?

I made a mistake earlier, should have suggested DPCLat as an alternative test: DPC Latency Checker

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.