Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had the left hinge replaced on my Toshiba A45-S151 laptop. After the hinge was replaced when I close the lid the computer does not shutdown. I know there must be a switch somewhere but I just don't know where, and neither does the techs that installed it because they took the computer apart and were unable to resolve this problem. Can anyone offer suggestions how to resolve this problem?

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
Not really a problem is it? I mean it's easy to press the power switch to shut down (that's okay on a laptop, it's designed to shutdown properly that way).

But it could be a software setting (though I would have thought the Tosh engineers would have known that possibility). My Tosh has settings (in control panel I think) where you can specify what happens when you close the lid (eg, Hibernate, Standby, or Shutdown or Nothing).

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Defrag your drive and hiberfil.sys as well (hiberfile.sys is the file that holds hibernation data) it may be corrupt:

Disable hibernation in control panel>power options

Set virtual memory initial size to 0, set maximum size to 0-

Start>right click My Computer>properties>advanced tab>in the performance box>settings>advanced tab>virtual memory box

Turn off system restore

Reboot

Defrag drive- if your internet is cable or dsl-disconnect modem, disable antivirus software

Re-enable all of the above- set virtual memory initial and maximum size to 1.5 or 2 times physical memory

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.