Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new here and i found this forum im planning to get this gaming rig very soon and i want to know if this is a good rig or not i just picked out the parts.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good rig?

Intel i7 920 Quad Core Socket
Asus Extreme Rampage 2 motherboard
Corsairs HX 1000watt power supply
Western Digital Velicoraptor 300gb hard drive (x2)
Asus ENGTX 295 graphics card
OCZ DDR3 Triple Channel (3x2048) Blade series
LG CD/DVD rewriter
Antec P193 full tower case
Samsung T240 monitor

I'll be running my old sound card the Audigy Z 4 pro limited edition if that sound card is still compatible and i'll be using my old keyboard and mouse

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
How much is that in total? and were are you buying from?If you want to spend less you could get a core 2 duo and save some dollars?and I dont think you need 6 gb ram, 4gb is plenty. But if your asking if that will play all modern games yes future games? I don't know its the future but prob yes. And this will be moved tot he building section so don't get surprised.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160&Tpk=cooler master haf
hows that for a case?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys is this a good gaming rig?

Im new here and i found this forum im planning to get this gaming rig very soon and i want to know if this is a good rig or not i just picked out the parts.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good rig?

Intel i7 920 Quad Core Socket
Asus Extreme Rampage 2 motherboard
Corsairs HX 1000watt power supply
Western Digital Velicoraptor 300gb hard drive (x2)
Asus ENGTX 295 graphics card
OCZ DDR3 Triple Channel (3x2048) Blade series
LG CD/DVD rewriter
Antec P193 full tower case
Samsung T240 monitor

I'll be running my old sound card the Audigy Z 4 pro limited edition if that sound card is still compatible and i'll be using my old keyboard and mouse

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Guys is this a good gaming rig?

wow btw i post this topic first in the gaming discussion cause i was new here, o yea i chose the HX 1000 watt power supply by corsair cause someone told me if i were to run 2 velicoraptors, the OCZ DDR3 6gb of ram blade series and the power hunger Asus ENGTX 295 the hx 1000watt power supply would come in handy. for good use and when i buy this which is very soon im not planning on overclocking it cause i heard it isnt safe and could cause hardware problems and such, but im going with it anyway just maybe in the future i might change my mind and overclock

·
Custom User Title
1,885 Posts
Looks great. Go for 6 GB RAM. Also if you have the money go for an SSD. If you want the absolute best, you could go for Intel X25-M ($620 for 160 GB) or you could go with OCZ Vertex (not other OCZ models). You could get an SSD for storing your games and installing Windows and keep your data (music, videos, etc.) on a regular 7200 RPM drive.

Make sure while buying the SSD that it does NOT have a JMicron controller. They're crappy and will make your system stutter.

Also, you should buy an after market cooler and overclock your CPU. You're wasting your money if you're not overclocking an i7. It can do 4.0 GHz with ease. Overclocking causes problems only if you don't know what you're doing. Read about it, learn how everything works and learn the math that's involved, then proceed slowly with caution and you'll be rewarded with a 50% increase in CPU performance.

Good Luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.