Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across this site via qwest.com. I'm here to learn how to connect my old 1996 Gateway to my newer 2005 Gateway through the Qwest modem.

I've been familiar with the internet for 11 years now and I have to say that I am impressed with the friendliness of this site. I don't know how I haven't found this site before now since I do a lot of tech surfing for fun.

My profession is middle school teacher but I have stepped out to do daddy daycare while my wife completes her master's degree in ESL.

We're in the middle of a Siberian freeze here in South Dakota. Last night it was six below zero with wind chills of 20 to 30 below and tonight's forecast is for even colder. It's okay with us - our weather keeps the riffraff out of the state. :wink:

It's Superbowl Sunday and I'm on my third Bud Light although I'd rather be drinking Newcastle Brown Ales. :beerchug: I'm not a big football fan but I do enjoy the Superbowl.

Thanks for all the work you do, tech peoples!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm enjoying a Newcastle Brown Ale at the moment. I'm hooked on them. Are they popular in England?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Geekgirl ~ Thanks for the welcome ~ I was born in Bristol ~ Is that a nice town?

I'm getting some GREAT help over in the networking forum. I can't believe I have never stumbled across this website in all the years I've been online.

What's your specialty?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Articles Team
8,123 Posts
Hello, Cheechat, and welcome to the TSF family! (If it's Siberian cold in South Dakota, I wonder how things are in North Dakota! :grin:)

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hi Geekgirl ~ Thanks for the welcome ~ I was born in Bristol ~ Is that a nice town?

I'm getting some GREAT help over in the networking forum. I can't believe I have never stumbled across this website in all the years I've been online.

What's your specialty?
My town is very small, you blink you missed it :laugh:
I have never been to Bristol, would like to attend a Nascar Race there someday.

You will get great assistance in the Networking Forum along with any other forums. We have a great knowledgable staff here as you can tell.

My specialty......hmmm hard to say. I am good at troubleshooting both hardware and software issues. I dabble in Home networking for home users of course and small businesses.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay

TJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.