Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Toshiba A105 Satellite laptop and recently there has been some problems with the adapter. For one thing, the battery doesn't charge when the adapter is on and even with the adapter plugged in, the laptop uses the battery for its power source. There's also a beeping noise from the adapter once it is plugged in. Is this problem internal or do I need to get a new adapter? Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you can try another Toshiba adapter (from a friend or work maybe?), and that works OK, the problem may well be with the power adapter. You may also want to try to remove the battery and run the laptop with the power adapter plugged in. If the laptop runs OK, the battery may be at fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can try another Toshiba adapter (from a friend or work maybe?), and that works OK, the problem may well be with the power adapter. You may also want to try to remove the battery and run the laptop with the power adapter plugged in. If the laptop runs OK, the battery may be at fault.
Hi.

I removed the battery and tried to run it only with the adapter and it doesn't work. None of my friends use Toshiba because they are smarter than I am and went for a better brand.

·
Just Being Me!
4,069 Posts
I just had to replace my adapter for my Acer. They are not cheap anywhere. I trust newegg.com but in the end I purchased the new one from Acer's website, beleive it or not, they were the cheapest. Shop around

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.