Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Angie. .
And I made an account here specifically for tech help . .
My computer is dying . . & I think that is because of viruses. . I'm not 100% sure.
I love computers. .
Yet I hate them. .
Kind of like a lot of dysfunctional relationships. . :smooch:
Anyway. .
Hope everyone is having a good night!
:wave:
I'll talk to you people later. . then?

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Greetings Angie, and Welcome to TSF! :wave:

You have certainly come to the right place, as our Security Team are excellent in these types of problems. :sayyes:

Once you have sorted out your problem, enjoy having a look around...its a Great place to be.

:4-cheers:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome!!
But um. . Alright I tried to do that. . the steps and such. .
But I got really confused.
I just did a scan from winantivirus pro . . And I have 180 threats on my machine. . And I looked through them and a lot of them are trojan.
:upset:
Ugh.
Now my computer is slower than ever and I'm trying to fix it but since it is slow it is very very difficult to fix it.
Could someone help me with the steps? Please?

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
42,836 Posts
Hello Angie,

Do I understand you correctly that you scanned your system with WinAntiVirus Pro? If so, that program is part of the malware present on your system. Either way, please skip the 5-Step process and do the following:

Please download HijackThis 1.99.1 - this program will help us determine the extent of any spyware/malware on your computer as well as aid us in removing it.

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

Double click on HijackThis.exe to run the program.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file in the HijackThis Log Help forum.

**Do not fix anything in HijackThis since many entries are harmless and necessary for the proper operation of your system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello Angie,

Do I understand you correctly that you scanned your system with WinAntiVirus Pro? If so, that program is part of the malware present on your system. Either way, please skip the 5-Step process and do the following:

Please download HijackThis 1.99.1 - this program will help us determine the extent of any spyware/malware on your computer as well as aid us in removing it.

Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

Double click on HijackThis.exe to run the program.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file in the HijackThis Log Help forum.

**Do not fix anything in HijackThis since many entries are harmless and necessary for the proper operation of your system.
Alright. . .
Here is what I've done since you have heard from me:
My sister has WinAntiVirusPro and she bought it for 50 bucks. .
I downloaded it onto my computer with the CD she asked for. .
And I got rid of all of the viruses. Things have been working alright I suppose.
However. . . .
When I start up my computer. . All that shows up is the tacky default backgroung that says HP. No start menu. No desktop icons.
So. . I use the ctrl+alt+delete function. . And I checked it out.
I went to file, new task . . (run). . browsed through stuff and got to internet explorer. . And that is how I'm on the internet now.
I'm thinking it did this due to the power outages that have been happening.
If anyone thinks otherwise. . .
I'll try out the Hijack this program.
Things have been working great on my computer. . Its just. . Not. . Normal?
Please help if possible.

·
42,836 Posts
I will stress once again--WinAntiVirus Pro is malware. Your issues are related to that program.

I urge you to post a HijackThis log in the HijackThis Help forum.

·
42,836 Posts
No worries Angie, we'll take good care of you. :smile:

HijackThis thread is located here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.