Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :wave:

I have a Emachines W3503 with and Intel Celeron D 3.33GHz a 512MB L2 cache a proccesor bus speed of 533MHz and a socket 775. I want to upgrade to a Pentium 4 3.2GHz socket 775 800MHz bus speed adn a 2MB L2 cache and a 1.28-1.40v Core voltage. The mother board is the Ati Express 200. The board supports 800MHz bus speed. The only thing that is holding me back is I don't know if he Emachines BIOS will support it. I found the processor for only $42.50. I can't afford a new board or new computer. I want to know if the Emachines Bios will support the Processor. If it doesn't I am wondering if I should just get the BIOS from Intel that way it will support it. I enjoy building rigs on a dime and i want to spend the smallest amount of money for it. Can some one please answer me. II am begging can some one answer me.

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,105 Posts
You can not flash the board with a non OEM bios, the Bios the chip will accept is the one from eMachines, CPU upgrades on OEM PC's can often be a trial and error experiment.
I would email eMachimes/Gateway support and ask if they can provide a CPU support list, HP is pretty good at that, Gateway hit and miss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.