Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a question to put out there.

My office has an HP Color Laserjet 4600 with a HP Jetdirect 615N Internal print server. We're on a Novel 5.1 network running WinXP on all local workstations. Over the past six months, I've run into multiple problems with the printer. My office prints relatively high quailty images at 8x10 size, and an image printed from the laser has a lot of lines running through it. I can deal with not quite perfect color matching, because I would not expect a color laserjet to perform the same as some of the newer inkjets out there. But I would not expect horizontal lines running through our images. Anyway, the lines are a minor point; here are a few of my recent symptoms:

1. Lines through color images. B/W print is fine.
2. Several months ago, the "top fan" went out. It just died. The people from HP told me that this is not a common problem.
3. A month after that, the rear fan (I think) died. Same response from HP.
4. Yesterday, the internal print server died. Forced to order a new one. (Conviently about a month after our 1 year warranty ended....)
5. Somewhere in between the two fans dying, one of the toner cartridges leaked, spilling magenta toner onto all the others.
6. Currently, even though it looks fine, the blue toner is depositing blue dots all over every page that is printed. No amount of cleaning the inside of the printer helps, and there is no evidence of the blue toner leaking.

From everything I've seen and everyone I've talked to, everyone loves this model of printer. However, I'm ready to bang my head against the wall. Has anyone out there had a similar experience with this model, or is ours just a lemon?

Thanks for any comments,
Patrick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.