Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now before I go into this let it be known that i have been troubleshooting for about 15 years and as simple as this problem may sound, im telling you, there is no possible way to fix it! But try at will!

Ok, I use my microfone for MSN Messenger Conversations on the regulular. It has been working fine for years, then out of nowhere it doesnt work.

Symptoms:

It seems to pick up internal sounds from the computer like sounds that the pc makes, e.g people signing in and out of MSN Messenger. But it DOESNT pick up external sounds, e.g somebody speaking into the mic.

Have tried...

I have tried absolutely everything from.

...Changing between sound cards --> Still Happening
...Changed between 4 different mic's --> Still Happening
...Tried different applications (yahoo, msn, sound recorder) --> Still Happening
...Have even formatted my system --> STILL NOT WORKING...

so i got thinking, where else could a setting be saved, then i thought, ok the bios...so i reset it the factory defaults...and guess what y'all....IT STILL DOESNT WORK! (arguingsm

What is going on here...this is the wierdest problem i have ever seen in my life. (arguingsm

Spec:

Abit IC7-Max3 Motherboard
Intel 2.66Ghz CPU
1Ghz 3200 DDR Ram
Maxtor 160ghz 7200 HDD
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128 Mb
Samsung 16x48 cd/dvd
Lite-on 52x24x52 Cd writer

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
welcome to techsupportforum.

you have been warned for extreme language, please, do not use language like this again.

thank you, and i hope you find the help you need here.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
there was a report on the net the other day about it being caused the sound cables are not insulated from absorbing sound and apparently they are picking up sound from fans,h/d ect

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dai said:
there was a report on the net the other day about it being caused the sound cables are not insulated from absorbing sound and apparently they are picking up sound from fans,h/d ect
Do you have the link?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Have you made sure that the input is set to "microphone" and not "mixed output"? Sounds like it's on mixed output. That would explain why those sounds are sent and not the microphone input.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
no it was just a report that comes in by email from cnet or one of the others did'nt bookmark it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.