Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure witch forum this goes in but im thinking this one. I recieved a old computer from a friend and wanted to put in a wireless pci card. I bought a card compatible with windows 98 and followed the instructions. Then i got to the part where i had to install the card, i opened the computer up and found a empty slot and put it into place and screwed it in. I rebooted my computer and the monitor wasnt getting a signal from my video card. so i restarted the computer and the same thing happened. I took out the pci card and turned the computer on and it worked fine. Ive been trying everything i can think of for the last three hours being unsuccesful. The one method that did work was installing the pci card while the computer was still on, because the monitor would stay on. But that didnt help because when i reboot my computer (which i have to in order for the card to be recognized) the same thing happens with the screen. Any ideas would help at this point. Thank you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You may have to go into the "Device Manager" in "System" and disable onboard graphics, then install the card and hook it to the monitor and reboot.

You can also try going into your BIOS and setting video graphics to "Automatic".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.