Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on dsl cox cable. i used to be able to get onto msn.com home page via internet explorer but could not check my hotmail from my home, yet could check it from my work. now i cannot get onto msn because there is no connection to internet explorer. i need help bad.
my dsl is showing connected but when i go to internet explorer"page cannot be displayed and apparently my internet connections are not set for mail or whatever. please contact me soon, Mona

·
Registered
75 Posts
what os do you have? if you have xp then go to start then go to run type cmd then click ok type ping 216.109.112.135 then type ping yahoo.com if you get four packets sent four packets received zero packets lost you have a good connection with a website. when you have a good connection with cox see if they have a support link and if you can troubleshoot email problems but the first thing with email problems is make sure that you are connected to the internet

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
MONAKAY05 said:
I am on dsl cox cable. i used to be able to get onto msn.com home page via internet explorer but could not check my hotmail from my home, yet could check it from my work. now i cannot get onto msn because there is no connection to internet explorer. i need help bad.
my dsl is showing connected but when i go to internet explorer"page cannot be displayed and apparently my internet connections are not set for mail or whatever. please contact me soon, Mona
Try this:

1 - Shut down your pc and cable modem

2 - Power up the cable modem and wait 2 minutes

3 - Power up the pc. Try to get on the web. If it does not work, go to
Start->Run and type in cmd then press Enter

In the window that comes up, type in ipconfig /all > c:\ip.txt and press Enter. Post the contents of c:\ip.txt here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.