Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontkno :4-dontkno I have been having problems with xp, the screen used to shut down with black and white lines across it, i was told to uninstall ATI and download a different newer version. I downloaded ATI Catalyst 5.2 and now the problem is worse, the screen does not scroll properly and a VPU recover message keeps coming up. Also on start up bad_system_config_info now comes on. Help, how do i fix this problem :4-dontkno :4-dontkno

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

Also on start up bad_system_config_info now comes on.
This issue may occur if one or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM configuration is incompatible.
To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, remove the memory modules that are installed in your computer, but leave enough RAM to start your computer and run Windows, and then restart your computer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326679/en-us

As for your video drivers you may have installed the wrong ones, what is the make/model of your video card?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
It seems there is still a newer version than the ATI Catalyst 5.2 that you downloaded. You can find it here. As it states, they suggest having SP2 and Microsoft .NET Framework installed prior to installing the driver.

In order to remove the memory modules that are installed in your computer you will need to open the case and physically removed each stick (module). Right click on My Computer and tell me how much memory is installed on your system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.