Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
depends on what you want to use it for. just basic computing maybe some mild gaming here and there the nVidia MX440 is a decent card that works with win98 or if you want some more serious gaming go with the ATI Radeon 9200se or somethign like that 128MB card. that is what i have and i run XP Pro and Fedore Core 3 . and i can run games like Doom 3 Halo for PC FFXI WoW and AGE of Empires III demo just fine with no issues. i love this card. and it's cheap too. the MX440 i am sure is cheaper but both work well with win98

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Before picking a card I'd make 100% sure that it's compatible with your video card slot. Given the age of your machine you probably have an AGP 2X slot but it's best to check. If you're not sure what kind of slots you have then you can check with Everest. In Everest you can find the information by clicking the "+" to the left of "Motherboard" in the list on the left. Then in the sublist of "Motherboard" which opens up, click "chipset". The "North Bridge" tells you what chipset you're running and if you have an AGP slot it will show up under "AGP Controller".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.