Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I didn't know which one to put it in, well I am a newbie after all.

I got this problem, my monitor doesn't turn on, so at first I thought it was the monitor cause it was really old so I tried a different monitor one that worked and it didn't help, so I replaced the video card and that didn't change anything. So then I thought it might be the hard drive so I tried it in a different computer and windows wouldn't load, then I reloaded windows on the hard drive and it works fine on my computer but when i put it back in the orginal it's the same crap I get no screen the m,onitor doesn't get a signal. Anybody know what could be causing this, I'm thinking the motherboard what do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
it's a compaq with a 950 AMD athalon 128 MB ram 8 mb video card and a 30 gig hd,

when I turn it on the the fans spin and the lights at the front turn on but I can't find a light on the motherboard. If this helps. Also the monitor doesn't get a siganl at all from the tower.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
see if you can borrow a p/s to swap in to check,it is a pretty old system so a 250-300w supply should suffice
one of your friends probably has one they have upgraded as current systems use double this amount of power

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dai said:
see if you can borrow a p/s to swap in to check,it is a pretty old system so a 250-300w supply should suffice
one of your friends probably has one they have upgraded as current systems use double this amount of power
if that doesn't work then would you say the motherboard bit it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.