Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help! I think I have a virus. if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. this is what my computer does:

When i turn on the computer, it starts up, loads windows, and after a minute or so, it freezes. CTRL+ALT+DELETE doesn't work, I have to shut the computer off manually.

So i start it up again, and after a few minutes, again, it freezes. So I shut it off manually again.

Then I start it up again, and it is in the process of loading windows, and it gets stuck again. So I shut if off manually again.

Eventually, after shutting it off manually about 5 or 6 times, it stays on for a while. Once it stays on, I can keep it on for days without it freezing, but the second i shut it off and then turn it back on , it starts freezing again.

Also, about the same time that this started happening, the CD-ROM drive is stuck, there was no CD in it. I can NOT get it open. I have no little hole in front of the drive, so I can't stick a pin in it and open it. I have tried opening the back of the computer but I cant get to the drive. I have tried pulling it open its jammed. I dont know if this virus is writing to the drive telling it not to open.

All of this has been happening for a few weeks now and I'm DYING to get rid of it. Can anyong help? THANK YOU!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.