Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOT A STRANGE ONE
My net usage has gone up from 3gb a month to 100gb a month and I only use the computer for emails and some browsing - never downloading
I am not wireless but have a fixed broadband connection with 2 computers and a network printer
I have mcafee antivirus and have scanned and all is clean
I have put on a program called netmeter to see my usage.
One computer is fine (10mb) all day
The other is going throught the roof even when not using any web based programs. In fact even with no programs open and mcafee switched off it still shows a usage of 1.520gb
upload is 122.78mb and download is 1.398GB

Any one got any ideas ? my tech guy can;t work it out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have opened the system configuration utility (services) but I cannot copy by right clicking
What do you suggest
There is a list of services with tick boxes but it will not give me a copy option

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried all these things here and still the same! any more ideas? i have asked my ISP where is all the data coming from/ going too? and they have yet to provide an answer
The strange thing is we do not use a wireless server and I have 2 computers connected to the network and one is working fine.
They are both clean when scanned with maleware also

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do you use a firewall on this connection? Firewalls will generally monitor network activity in real-time, so that you can view the applications that are using bandwidth.

I would recommend Comodo Firewall (it's free). Be sure to disable any other firewall if you install this. While this is running, you can view all network activity from the main application window, or you can get a full log of all activity over a period of time.

There are many ways to monitor your network activity, but the above is one option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.