Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
windows image dll problem- urgent!!!!!!!

Hello]
Recently my computer came up with this when i booted up my pc.
'The application or dll C:\WINDOWS\system32\cryptdll.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette'
The usual windows xp login page is instead just black. The computer is no longer able to do anything. The message appeared when you usually login. I don't know how to reinstal windows because i don't have the installation disc or any other cds like system recovery. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem although i can't acess any folders and run windows normally. :pray: If noone knows how to fix this. Can you please tell me how to format my computer manaully. I heard that there is a button on your hardrive which formats your computer. If true which button- If not how do i format my computer. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Please help me soon !!! :wave:

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi

You can download the file from HERE, which has obviously corrupted. However, without the XP CD there's not much you have left.

Your only hope is, if you have another HDD with and OS on it, you can Slave this HDD onto it and transfer the file across in the same directory position and move the other one out. You can do this if you have another computer aswell. If the above file was the only error, it will be fixed through this method and you won't have to format at all.

There isn't a button to format instantly, but I wish there was :smile: You have to do it manually, and that is done when installing the OS. The OS installation CD gives you the option to format the HDD before you install.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i remove my hard drive, replace it with another one. (is all my old files still there?) Download that dll, replace it. take harddrive out and put old one back.
Is that correct?:smile:

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
noooooo

I've switched 2 hardrives but when i boot it comes 2 a screen telling me to remove the hardrive and check for viruses. Those that mean i have to format my harddrive. If i do i don't have the xp cd to reinstall xp afterwards. Is there a downloadable cd or any other way which can allow xp files to stay???:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
windows

so i first have to format the drive on its original computer, then connect the harddrive onto my other computer and install windows there?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I have already closed your other post on this subject what you are trying to do is illegal
I am closing this thread as well if you start another you will face further disciplinary action and/or banning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.