Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, you know that red light that flashes on when your comp is really busy, well mine is just going on-off-on-off, and making that annoying sound as if it's trying to load something, when im not doing anything :sad: .. Things open reasonably quickly and nothing lags like it usually does when the computer is actually busy - but the sound is annoying the heck out of me :sad:
Help is muchly appreciated :grin:

·
Sgt.
676 Posts
ldutchie said:
Ah, you know that red light that flashes on when your comp is really busy, well mine is just going on-off-on-off, and making that annoying sound as if it's trying to load something, when im not doing anything :sad: .. Things open reasonably quickly and nothing lags like it usually does when the computer is actually busy - but the sound is annoying the heck out of me :sad:
Help is muchly appreciated :grin:
That red light is your Hard Drive activity light. Whenever one or more of your Hard Drives are accessing data that little LED lights up.

Some informatoon, please:
How much RAM does your machine have? It may be that your system is too low on RAM and therefore constantly need to swap out to the Swap File (Virtual Memory) on the HDs.
Also, what AV are you using?
Expecting muchly the appreciation, I am Sarge. :grin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.