Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bandit:

That's right, I have a dsl problem... I'm not quite sure what is wrong, but go ahead and read my problem. Maybe you could make a very happy Nashmeister.

1) I use swbell dsl, have windows xp, on a compaq laptop (Evo N600c)
2) At school, I use a breezenet card for wireless
3) I have always been able to use kazaa and moh online just fine

Now, as of late, something has gone wrong.

1) I can not get onto kazaa, it just says connecting, never changes

2) I can not get onto Medal of Honor online. It freezes for a few seconds, then no servers show up

3) On Red Alert 2, my pin was 1k the whole time. It was never like this before.

Edit: I have tried turning my firewall on and off. No dice...

Any help would be appreciated.

-The Nashmeister

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pah, as if I knew what that was!

Is that the crap they give you with kazaa maybe? If so, I think I have plenty.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ya Kazaa is very kind and it gives you plenty of Spyware......but there are also other places you could have got it from......

Popular spyware: Gator Companion, Dot Net, Offer Companion, etc............

Just to be on the safe side, download Adaware and use it to get rid of all the spyware in your registry, etc....

And we'll go from there....

DTM

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I had plenty of Gator... So what now?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not good, now download ad-aware (the newest version), and di a scan for all spyware, the program will give you a list of things it found, and will give you the option of deleting them.......

Do that step first, and then we'll see what happens.

DTM

·
Registered
403 Posts
Good Stuff.......

But Im surprized you did the scan that fast! It usually takes more than that........u sure you did a full system scan?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Oh and another possibility Kazaa doesn't connect is because you do not have the latest version.........my advice to you is to use Kazaa Lite, and never the normal one.......

The Lite version is banner/spyware free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Uh... I think so? How would I know that?

Last time I fixed my dsl I went to Linksys Router Set-up. I assume that is what you are talking about?

Also, I have kazaa lite as well. Downloaded it 3 days ago. Still won't connect...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yup, so you have a linksys router connected, ok thats fine, I want you to try to disconnect the modem (your dsl modem that is connected to the wall), and connect the same cable straight into your computer.......

meaning, the wall goes to the DSL (external) modem, and the modem goes STRAIGHT to the computer (RJ45 slot), without a router.............

Then try Medal Of Honor, Kazaa, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, I don't personally have a router in my room. There is one in my brother's that goes to his comp... Mine is just a line from the wall to the laptop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.