Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Virus Problem

I believe I have a virus on my PC. There were 100's up popups all over my screen. The day prior I had removed Norton Internet Security, installed Zone Alarm.. and had intended to return the following day and install Avast. but.. unfortunately I didn't get to before this happened.

I'm able to boot up in safe mode and tried a system restore to the prior day (to the problem) but upon rebooting my screen went black after the windows loading screen. Now, I guess system restore doesn't solve problems like this, but in the past it'd fixed anything I'd done before.

Rebooted again into safe mode and all my files are there. Is there a way to copy files in safe mode to dvd or cd? or fix the problem?

If I have to reinstall the OS, I must retrieve some pictures that hadn't been backed up.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I read that earlier, but stopped when I saw it requires internet access. I have no display after windows load screen in regular mode, so I can't do anything.

How can I follow those steps in safe mode?

I found this on the microsoft site, and wonder if these are the steps I might need to check first?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314503/en-us

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
try the m/s first
if no good do what you can in the 5 steps then post the hijack log in the hijack log help forum and explain you only have safe mode and no net access i amsure they have dealt with the same situation before and will be able to advise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.