Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WindowsXp default log in...

i have a problem... i have 3 users: admin, guest-activated, and local user. when i start win it logs in like admin with password, without promting. how i can fix it.
i tried control panel->user accounts->login configurations but it doesn't help...

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
What did you "try" in CP/User Accounts? Try "Change the way users log on and log off", uncheck the option.

If this doesn't work, you may have something like TweakUI automatically logging you on, if so, you need to disable that option.

You can hold down the shift key before the login starts and you should get a login prompt, even if automatic login is enabled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have 3 user in my winXP, when it starts it logs in like administrator with password but i don't need it! how make it to show login table? i have tried to check in "control panel->user accounts->the way users log on" but it doesn't work... help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh, i need some, to shot myself... it getting worse with what problem, everyone can log in with Admin privileges... ****!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Pharaoh1st,

•Start > Run >
•Type: control userpasswords2
•Click ok :p
•On the "Users" tab, check the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
•Hit Apply
•Hope that helps... :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
I replied to your first post already,
the question was the same (?)
:D :D :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Also, the admin acct. doesn't need to show up in the welcome screen,
all you need to do is hit CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the welcome screen.
:D :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks people, i have solved the problem. i changed registry entry HKLM/software/microsoft/windowsNT/winlogon/"DefaultAdminLogon" to 0 and bingo!!!
thanks...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.