Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new ECS mobo and it installed fine and everything was working, until this morning i booted it up and it wouldn't connect to the network...i tried to find the device under network devices in the control panel, but there was nothing there, it was like it had disappeared....i found it in the add new hardware tab and i reinstalled it and now i get this error code that says Error Code 10: Device cannot start....i'm running an old NIC i stripped off my old IBM, and its slow, i want my onboard back but i have no idea how to fix it....yes i've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it...with and without the drivers cd....any help would be great. ty
p.s. The Nic is a VIA Rhine II Ethernet Adapter

·
Citizen of the world
51,152 Posts
Well, it could be that the NIC died. I just had one of the two NIC's on this one year old Asus motherboard bite the dust for no reason that I can see. I've also had another system that the on-board NIC bit the dust.

I presume you have checked to make sure it's enabled in the BIOS, right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well...uh sorta....i tried to find that setting but to no avail.....if you could be a bit more specific on where to find it that would be helpful, its an american megatrends bios.

·
Citizen of the world
51,152 Posts
It will be under the I/O section in the BIOS, I forget the exact name, and I don't want to reboot to look. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.