Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

I recently downloaded a sony product trial version and everything goes well until I open the program for a first look.

The program crashes before it completely intializes and then a sony error message dialogue box pops up with the following info:

Problem Description

Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 9.0 (build 563)
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc00000fd)
Fault Module: c:\WINDOWS\.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
Fault Address: 0x7A17C842
Fault Offset: 0x0030C842

Fault Process Details

Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\vegas90.exe
Process Version: Version 9.0 (build 563)
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: Thu April 16th 2009

extra information

File:

C:\Documents and Settings\Deb\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Sony\Vegas Pro\9.0\dx_video_grovel_x86.log
\dx_grovel_x86.log
\vst_grovel.log

That is all I have to go on for now. After a google search I found some info saying most (0xc00000fd) errors are from cluttered registries, not uninstalling programs etc, so I downloaded his free program that fixes .dll problems. Before I installed and ran it I did a search on the software-error nerd- and I found a few bad reports so decided against running it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this please?

Thanks so much
seal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, but I've tried it all. I had 3.0, upgraded to 3.5, removed all down to 2.0, then removed 2.0 and went back up to it in case a file in it was corrupted. I let Sony determine what was best and install what I needed, which was 3.0, and still the same error. Does "wits end" mean anything? :) 'Cuz I'm about there. I just tried cleaning and defragging my registry, and it didn't work. And now I'm getting an unmanaged exception of the ntdll.dll file (can you help with that?) I can get rid of that by undoing the registry cleanup, which appears to be what caused it, but it had also cleaned up a lot of stuff that did need dumping, so would rather just fix what it did wrong with the ntdll.dll. Hmmm... maybe I'll undo, search and copy all the references to ntdll.dll in the registry, then clean it again and see what it removed/changed that had ntdll.dll in it. A bit of work, though. Arghhh...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.