Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please assist by telling me axactly how I can succesfully convert and copy a movie onto my PSP so that it works. I use 3GP video converter version 3.1.7.

I also need to know step by step how to go about to downgrade the firmware of my PSP to 1.50 from 2.00.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
Okay...i've come to the conclusion the easiest way to downgrade the firmware is it take yours back to the store and get a new one, but most new ones come with at least V1.5 of the firmware.

As for video conversion, there are heaps of things, i used to use PSPVideo 9, it is easy and does everything for you. However, Fr4665 told me of VLC (VideoLanClient). It is still very easy to use and is much more powerful, covering more formats.

Edit: Just noticed you said you use 3GP video converter version 3.1.7.
Do you need a walkthrough on how to convert using this? There should be a manual for it, or try a google search, there should be documentation on how to do that.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont want to download movies, I just want to convert the movies I have to play on my PSP.

Thanks anyways, I have downloaded ImTOO PSP Video converter and works great!

I have also figured out how to downgrade my PSP's firmware!

:laugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can use yasa dvd to psp converter to copy dvd movie to your psp mp4 video. and play it on your sony psp player. Just read their tutorial.
This guide will help you transfer your DVD movie onto your PSP.
from: http://www.yasasoft.com/dvdripperplatinum/howto/dvdripper_dvdtopsp.htm

1. Download YASA DVD to PSP Converter and install it.

2. Run YASA DVD DVD to PSP Converter. Select output profiles of "PSP Video Format(*.mp4)" on the menubar.

3. Click menu "Open DVD Disc ... " button to open open the DVD Disc.

4. YASA DVD to PSP Converter will show "DVD Output Wizard". If you are newbie of video conversion, Just simply click "Finish", because Output profiles of "PSP Video Format(*.mp4)" has already input the default setting for outputting PSP video . If you are an expert otherwise, you can use "DVD output Wizard" to change the settings.

5. You can choose the output filename, audio language, subtitle, output video size etc by clicking menu "option".

6. If you want to make video clips, please click "Clip & Convert ..." button. Click "create new clip' begin time and end time

7. After all, Click "Convert All ..." button to start converting.

8. After the converting complete, Click Menu "Tools"->"PSP Video Transfer" to transfer PSP Video to SONY PSP Player.

9. Connect with your PSP player, Select the video files that you need to transfer, and Click "-->" button to start transferring. Note: Don't forget to check the option of "automatically generate thumbnail of PSP video on PSP Player".

10. Now you can play your DVD video on your PSP player.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.