Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
This is my first post and I'm nervous so please bear with me. I just bought a Panasonic CF-45 very cheap--partly to satisfy curiosity about laptops in a second machine (my base machine is a Mac mini running os x Tiger). This laptop has (don;t laugh, please) a P2 255 mhz processor running Win95 and it has everything I need (cd-rom, floppy, wireless, etc) in fine working condition . I've been sufficiently impressed with the reputation of Toughbooks to try this as an experimental toy--and a traveling machine for library research. It currently has 32 mb ram on it (believe it or not, its snappier than my wife's Sony Vaio with its p3 running Win XP!).
My two questions to this forum are:
1. What's the max ram I can upgrade to--160 (onboard 32 plus one 128 mb chip)? Does anyone know (and/or point me towards) the cheapest memory prices for this upgrade?
2. Eventually (soon) I want to upgrade to Win 2000? Can I do that> The Panasonic Tech support rep said if my model number doesn't contain the letters "KJ" (my model number has the letters "DJ")-- I can't go beyond the Win85 that the machine came with . Does anyone know--is this correct?
Alternatively, can I at least go to Win98se? Also. the machine didn'y come the os cd. Can anyone tell me where I can find an Win95 os cd--hopefully free?
Thanks! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Windows 98se and 2000 drivers for my Panasonic cf-45

Thanks Terrister! But where do I find the driver for either Win 98 se OS or the 2000 OS for my machine? Panasonic (as I mentioned earlier) doesn't have them? Why do I need "drivers" for the OS (meaning. I'm not clear what "drivers" for the OS mean)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.