Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The computer was fine last ngiht when I went to bed and this morning, it had rebooted and was showing this error. I have tried every fix shown on the net so far and still have nothing. have come to the conclusing that I need to reinstall xp, which usually is ok and I wouldnt lose any data. XP will copy files and reboot and hand at the boot from cd command. The screen actually throws up letters and highlights others in various areas of the screen and it does nothing else after that. I decided that then I should try to save all info just in case and i cnnected the hd as a slave to another computer, but all the info I want is access denied in the documents and settings. The old hd had a login for me and for the kids, my login was set to not share the files so of course they are not seeable. Is there anything I can do here?

William

Windows XP Home
512 RAM
160 gig HD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I should say its not just for word, you just do onething boot your computer from CD and insert XP OS and go to command prompt,and copy NTLDR.DLL file from CD to windows folder.Most probably it w'll work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.