Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a Dell XPS M1710, the other day my power supply started to make a strange low faint beeping noise, I contacted Dell who told me that the power supply was broke. I have just recieved a new one, however when i plug it into the xps nothing happens. The laptop was working fine even after the old power supply packed up, but it seems that the new one is not charging the battery. I have tried the new PSU in another M1710 and it charges fine, i therfore think that the problem lies with the charging circuit on my M1710, does anybody know if the laptop has an onboard fuse within the charging circuit or is it built into the battery?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hi triggerfinger, thanks for your reply, i have already done that and the battery works fine. but what i am wondering if there is a fuse on the M1710 motherboard that could be replaced.

thanks

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi trigger finger

thanks for the link to the manual i have had a look myself at board but not sure what the fuse will look like do you have any ideas what it may look like?

Thanks for your help

· Registered
12,557 Posts
hi trigger finger

thanks for the link to the manual i have had a look myself at board but not sure what the fuse will look like do you have any ideas what it may look like?

Thanks for your help
repairing the motherboard without the experience and the skill is a dangerous thing. nevermind the board, worse is that you can hurt yourself if things are not done right. to answer your question, a fuse may likely be marked F1 or F2 or Fx where x is any number. i am just not sure on how it is labeled in your motherboard.

just a friendly warning... if you do not know how to repair a motherboard, DO NOT PROCEED. leave it to the professionals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.