Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what happend, i had a old USB hub with 5 ports, so i replaced it with a 10 USB hub and eveything is working apart from my rat cyborg 3 mouse, when i plug it into the new 10 port USB hub it does not light up or install the driver from the mouse, it says failed,

so i was thinking it must have something to do with the driver for the mouse that was installed when using the old hub that is stopping the mouse from installing the driver software, how can i remove it from my PC?

all i see in device manager is this..

can i remove the driver for the USB port that the mouse was using? would that solve it?

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
The problem is not with the mouse or the driver. The problem is with your hub. Does the Hub come with a power adapter? If not you will have problems.See if you can get an optional power adapter. If it has power, be sure to plug the power adapter into a wall socket and not through a surge protector or extension cord, as this diminishes the power. Be sure to plug the USB cable from the Hub into the Back USB port of the computer and not the front as this port is weaker.
The mouse driver would be under Human Interface Device, or Non-Plug and Play drivers. But if there was a problem, (es) the driver didn't load, there would be a yellow flag next to it.
If you must use this Hub, then you may need to put your mouse directly in the computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.