Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I have an IBM Thinkpad R40 (2681-GMU), Pentium 4M 2.0 ghz, 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP Pro. The computer is out of a warranty, it is 2 1/2 yearsold .My computer likes lock up very intermittently. There are no warning signs and the only way to turn off the PC is by forcefully shutting it down by holding the power button.

I have found that it is a very weird problem. The machine will lock up and when it locks up, the LCD screen sometimes shakes. Almost kind of like a frequency problem. Also, when I have turned it on at times, nothing will show up on the screen. It will sometimes sound the 1 long beep, 2 short beeps bios error code for a video chip problem. But it doesn't do that all the time. I kind of don't believe that code because that I have used the computer for 5+ hours stratight with the keyboard unscrewed and sitting on top of the palm rest and it works fine.

I have taken this machine apart too see if anything is going wrong, but i can't find anything. Everything is plugged in and screwed in.

Thanks for your help. Matt . :4-dontkno

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection?the cable to the LCD has friction fit connection that can work loose I'd try that first.It also could be something to do with your video fan that my be on it's way out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.