Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, i made this thread because i need some help with installing GTA IV!
This is what happens:
I mount the 2 iso's.
The game is installing.
GTA IV asks for the second CD and i select it.
It continues installing, but than it stops when installing manhat09.img and says:
(Translated from dutch)
"Could not install. Data3.cab seems to be damaged. Unfixable problem.":upset:

Than when i press OK, the installer stops running and GTA IV is not installed.

I googled alot about anything i could do, replacing manhat09.img or fixing data3.cab , but there were no good search results.:sigh:

Anyone can help me solving this problem and installing GTA IV completely?? :4-dontkno

Big Thanks already,
Menno.

PS: If any of you needs more information to help me, just ask it and i'll post the info/screenshots.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
The retail version of GTA4 comes on 2 DVDs, not ISOs.

If you created the ISOs from the original discs, you've done it wrong. If you've downloaded the ISO via P2P, read the forum rules about illegal activities and piracy.

Disable your drive emulation software, insert the GTA4 DVD1 and try installing again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is not downloaded/illegal. I got this from the original CD's from my friend. HE made the iso's and gave them to me.
So i need to mount them as i haven't got the CD's.

So how is the data3.cab damaged than?? :sigh:

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If you're using ISOs for a game that you don't own, that's called piracy. Try installing from the original discs.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
We can't tell what the problem is with your friend's computer without seeing his system specs, driver details, etc. and we can't help you with illegal software.

If the data3.cab file is giving errors when installing from the original discs, take the game back and exchange it for a new one. It could be a scratch on the disc or a bad batch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We can't tell what the problem is with your friend's computer without seeing his system specs, driver details, etc. and we can't help you with illegal software.

If the data3.cab file is giving errors when installing from the original discs, take the game back and exchange it for a new one. It could be a scratch on the disc or a bad batch.
Ok, thank you ^^.
We're taking the game back and exchange it for a new one.
If the same thing still happens, i'll tell it; if not, i will say Thank You Koala :pray:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Could always get GTA IV on Steam >_> installing from there's easy as pie. (assuming you can run it anyway, I cant D: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.