Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends!

This will be my first post as after hours of scouring the web and talking to various tech support representatives over the phone have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Here is the issue. I am currently running my pc and cable modem (RoadRunner is my ISP) hooked into a D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router (for mine and my wifes laptops.) What I am trying to accomplish is to add my XBox 360 to the network, connected with a second Ethernet cable. Whenever I hook the 360 up to the router, no matter which port I use or what Ethernet cable I use (I have a few extra) the connection just won't take. When I run the Connection test on the 306(for those familiar with this process) everything passes until it gets to the actual Xbox live connection test, which fails. If my PC happens to be powered on at the same time then every few minutes it will flash that the network cable has been disconnected even though the connection is there on both ends. (This same issue would occur in previous attempts to connect a Playstation 2 the same way, but thats neither here nor there :))I have a Nintendo Wii connected wirelessly (through the built in Wi-Fi adapter) and it connects 100% of the time with no issues. If i connect the 360 direct to the modem it works without any problems. I would like to avoid having to constantly reconnect the network cables between the router and the 360, nor do I want to shell out 100 bucks for the Microsoft wireless adapter, but right now those seem to be my only option if I want to connect to the Xbox Live network. Anyone familiar with this type of issue or any ideas as to what can be done to resolve it? I tried to include all the pertinent info I can think of but if anyone has any ideas and needs me to supply some more please feel free to let me know. All drivers for my router are updated to the most current, and since D-Link only offers free support for 1 year from purchase ( my router missing that mark by about 10 months) I am not going to pay the outrageous fees to have their 3rd party support team try and walk me through this. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated as I feel as though I am at my wits end! :sigh:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.