Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an adapter which allows me to use a Playstation2 Gamepad on my PC via USB. The problem is, i was previously using a Gravis gamepad, in which the 4 buttons on the right were in the order of (starting from top then going clockwise) 4-3-2-1. The PS2 gamepad is setup as 1-2-3-4. This is causing me to have to re-program my brain to use a new controller. I would rather just re-map the buttons in Windows, so that when i go into games, they work the same as my old gamepad. The control Panel properties do not let me re-map buttons, and there is no program that installs with the USB adapter, besides the driver.

Does anyone know how i could re-map the buttons, either by using a third-patry software, or a driver hack or something?

thanks in advance!

By the way, here is the link to the item i am using: http://www.buynshop.com/productinfophp3/VG-PS-USB2X

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Most games will allow you to specify which buttons you want to assign to different commands. Check in the settings of your games to see how much control you have over it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can reassign the buttons, but that is not enough...for example:

in Madden 2004 -

when throwing a pass, the reciever icons come up as 1,2,3 depending how many recievers are on that play). Where reciever 1 is on the farthest left , and 3 is the farthest right. Then i reassign the buttons, my recievers are now 2,3,4 and 2 is the farthest right and 4 is the farthest left. --- Numerically they are now opposite in order.

My brain knows that when i see reciever (OLD)3 open, to press the 3 button, but that button is now 2, and it throws to the wrong player, even though the player is labeled as such on the screen.

It's one of those things where you have yourself "programmed" to know what button to press as second nature, and now you have to "re-program" yourself.

So i am just looking to see if i coukd remap the buttons from a control panel, that way the game will see them as the same numbers as the old controller and there would be no "re-programming on the brain" involved..:winkgrin:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
If you don't really care that much about the controller you could physically take it apart and switch the wires around. Or course, you'd need a little experience in that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya..i could..i just bought the controller, though...would hate to mess it up if i did that...i'll wait a little bit and see if i can come come up with another solution...but that is the only option besides re-learning as of now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.