Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just joined the forums. I was referred by a friend to try and grab some more assistance on whether i should buy a few products. i'm looking for a motherboard and a video card that i found on tiger direct. they seem pretty good, and im getting a possible 50 dollars back from combined rebates. i'm just not sure if these products are worth buying, and i'm wondering if anyone can help me. i've had my eyes on these two products for a while and i don't think i found anything better so far. if anyone knows where i can also get a cheaper price for these if possible please let me know, thanks.

i was wondering if i buy this around the middle of january would i also be able to grab the rebates in time? the reason for this is because the rebates expire at about the end of this month. any help is greatly appreciated and thanks so much.

here's the products:

XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX Edition / 256MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2427578&sku=P450-7870

EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / SLI / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2573809&sku=E145-2008

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hey thanks a lot for the recomendation, i'm thinking about buying the one you suggested. one Q tho, it says it supports Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium EE / Pentium type CPUs. the one i have is the core dual socket t/lga 775 3.73 mghz. pentium extreme edition 965. i'm wondering if my CPU would be compatible? so sorry to ask a question that might seem obvious or anything but i'm kinda new at this, sorry and thanks so much for giving me some advice. any other motherboards you suggest or is that the best only one you recommend?

EDIT:
i just cheked out the motherboard you recommended and it looks so awesome. i saw a lot of extras that they give like the optional fans and SATA cables, microphone, everything. seems real nice, and i love the 3 PCI Express x16 slots rather than the 2 i usually see. but i'm still wondering about the CPU and if its compatible. i already have the CPU, it was given to me as a gift. i'd love it if it were compatible. all i know is that it's LGA 775 socket and that it is dual core, but extreme edition or whatever. i wouldn't think the edition mattered but some motherboards specifically have exteme edition listed in their compatibility listings. thanks for all the help, the motherboard does look awesome

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
It is, it is the Pentium EE that is listed as being compatible. It will work. There are definitely more expensive motherboards. This is one of the best ones IMO.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131073
But I really don't think you will see that much of an improvement over the first one I suggested, and it certainly isn't worth the $75 extra. If you are going to be spending any more money, you should look into a better video card instead.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dude you woun't need that much power, that mobo is a waste of money if your not going to use its full potential. I would recommend another that one is just a waste of money. For example, it comes with SLI probably $50 more dollars extra when you paid for the mobo, your not going to use all that power unless you are a real hardcore gamer. That mobo was designed for the new DX10 graphics cards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.