Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know where I can buy older video cards?

I have an older machine so I doubt it could handle a new graphic card (Intel Celeron 1.8 GHz, 256MB Ram, 32GB HD, Win XP). I'm also on a budget. I'm looking for something cheap that my computer can handle that will tide me over until I get a new computer.

Do you have any suggestions on what I sould get?

I'm even willing to buy used if it will cut down on cost. Is it advisable to buy used video cards? If so, where can I get them?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ jean15paul
You will have to open up your computer after shutting down and unplugging the power supply, and look at your mother board and see what make and model number it is. Try not to touch anything and touch the outside metal part of your case before reaching inside to dissipate any static electricity you may have. The Name brand and model number should be silkscreened on the board somewhere. Post back with what you see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crazijoe said:
This will answer a number of your questions.

http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/AGP.htm
To Crazijoe,
Thanks for the article. Very informative.

please said:
@ jean15paul
You will have to open up your computer after shutting down and unplugging the power supply, and look at your mother board and see what make and model number it is. Try not to touch anything and touch the outside metal part of your case before reaching inside to dissipate any static electricity you may have. The Name brand and model number should be silkscreened on the board somewhere. Post back with what you see.
To please (and all)

I looked in there. I have an intergrated Intel Extreme Graphics 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller.

I don't have a AGP slot only PCI slots.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ jean15paul
here is a list of available PCI cards at newegg so pick one that fits your budget and needs.

ebay is also a good suggestion for used parts...just read carefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.