Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the following happend, I used to have normal internet and everything was perfectly fine, but since yesterday the responsible person for the wifi(the house owner) changed something on the router and now I cant use Whatsapp video and audio calls and I also cant use apps like clash royale, BTD battles, legacy of discord, Arena of valor and others. The only apps that works is Youtube,any Browser,Tiktok, Whatsapp but only messages, facebook and Instagram. Can someone tell me what happened? Is that some sort of block like filtering or firewall issue?
Best regards,
KillerBuNnYsS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi wouldn’t it be easier to ask the house owner what he did to the router?
Hi, I already kinda did ask him, I said my apps were not working on internet, only ones I mentioned I told him only those the internet was working with, but tho others they wasnt, he said something to me like it could a problem of my phone and I should restart my phone, but obviously it didnt work, I will ask him again later, I just wanted to know better what happened so I can explain to him in a better way, because I feel like he does it on porpouse but i could be wrong, so i just want to show that I understand why the internet is not working so he cant tell me he didnt do anything.

·
Premium Member
19,891 Posts
ever consider that your gaming was affecting the homeowners and other household users internet usage? That could be grounds to cut you off, especially if you are not paying for it. There is nothing anyone here can do for you. You will have to ask whether is sounds rude or not in order to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ever consider that your gaming was affecting the homeowners and other household users internet usage? That could be grounds to cut you off, especially if you are not paying for it. There is nothing anyone here can do for you. You will have to ask whether is sounds rude or not in order to find out what is going on.
Hi, I do pay for it, I have only 1 neighbor that uses the same internet, the house owner lives above us and the internet by the way is glas fiber, so its not bad at all and I am sure my "gaming" that I dont do so often, do not affects the internet.
The only reason why I think that way, is because i dont acctually know how internet in germany works, if it is limited or you need to payfor the amount you use you know, i mean like you dont pay a fixed amount every month, but the amount you acctually use,and if it is so then I think it bothers the house owner because I call my friends a lot over whatsapp video, and it might be using a lot of "data". By the way the houseowner has a separate wifi for themselves.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,545 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hy everyone thanks for the answers, I bespoke to the houseowner and he fixed it, I said something like "after he changed something on the wifi I couldnt acess the stuff anymore and said maybe a firewall, filter or not opened ports could be the problem and I said if he had time we could try to find a solution together" and then he said yeah I could see on sunday you know hahahah but on the same day he fixed it, I am sure because I showed him I knew exactly what was going on and thats why he changed it so I dont need to see the configurations with him and then I would find out things are blocked... anyway now its fixed, thanks for the answers (y);)
KillerBuNnYsS

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,667 Posts
surprised people giving answers like “just ask him” on a tech support forum.
Hi, and welcome to TSF.

We have rules here about illegal activities so, sometimes its difficult to judge how to handle a request like this, therefore, awkward questions have to be asked sometimes. The op would not "just ask him" if he was illegally jumping on his next door neighbours Wifi so the suggestion prompted an answer from the op which indicated that the request was legit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.