Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
From what I can oberserve is that for every minute or so you suddenly get a massive spike where your ping rockets to skyhigh and the screen freezes.

Then the next second everything returns to normal just as if returned from a spike.

Dunno if there's a fix for this but I sure do hope there's one.

here's my problem... YouTube - Video001

sorry for the video, took it with my cell phone..
I been playing for 5 years and for 4 1/2 years nothing happened and now the game freezes every minute for few seconds like I said. To make it clear I do not have a rotor, or modem, or cable internet, I run on wireless. I only have d-link adapter that catches internet connection around. My neighbor said he will let me share internet from him and every month I'll pay him $15. After almost 5 years of smooth gameplay the game started freezing. I don't understand. Please reply, how to fix, make it better, upgrade, install anything thank you very much for taking your time to reply

I did ALL THE STEPS POSTED ON YOUR FORUMS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: cs problem

No sir, it does not. Counter-strike freezes online every minute for a second then it's fine again then after minute again. could it be my video card? Yea video was blurry so I deleted it..if u want me I can upload new one. reply ty

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

download : between 17 mb/s-20 mp/s
upload : between 0.92 mb/s-1.02 mb/s

model:vostro VOSTRO_200
processor: intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHZ
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
what else do you guys need? how do I find it? ty so much

I just had a guy install a rotor and modem from my cable tv, internet is faster, but the problem with the game is still the same :((((

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts

I would say for now its a hardware problem, The G33/G31 Chipset was not designed for gaming. Im going to say your CPU is probably overheating due to dust buildup. Over the 5 years have you cleaned out the inside of your PC.
Could you download Everest from my Sig to check your temperatures while your playing Counter Strike. Play right up to where the games starts to freeze. Then minimize the game and record the temps. Dont close the game as the temps will drop rapidly and will give you false full-load readings.

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts

We need to figure out what that Aux temp reading is referring to. Because there shouldn't be anything in your system with that high of a temp.
Does your Power supply unit have anything like a small 3-pin connector connected to your motherboard?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
This is your computer summary: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/30274/review/vostro_200.html#specs
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6320
RAM: 2048 MB
Hard-drive: 160 GB
Audio: Integrated 7.1 surround
Graphics Board RAM Type: DDR2
Video chipset: nVidia GeForce 8300GS
Video memory: 128 MB
Video bus: PCI Express
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32 bit)
Open PCI Express X16 Slots: 0
Number of PCI slots: 2
Open PCI Express X1 Slots: 1
Monitor: Dell E207WFP LCD 20"
Case Chassis style: Tower (Mini)
To play recent games like Crysis, you need a computer that supports either AGP or PCIEx16 (with AGP cards being older and more expensive, and PCIEx16 cards being newer, faster and cheaper). Your computer only supports PCIEx1, which is not good enough for a fast graphics card. I would recommend upgrading the motherboard to one that supports PCIEx16 so you can install a graphics card suitable for modern games.

You will probably have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU) as well, because Dell computers use PSUs that are only strong enough to power the existing components, not upgrades. A new motherboard and PCIEx16 graphics card will increase the computer's power requirements, so you'll need to install a good quality 650W PSU (approx $100US).

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts

DO games that play offline have this lag spike?
No sir, it does not. Counter-strike freezes online every minute for a second then it's fine again then after minute again.
This would appear to be an internet related problem. I'm not entirely sure why nobody had you go through some simple checks on your internet connection or cpu usage BEFORE recommending new hardware.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.