Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Toshiba A75-S206 laptop that went into the shop last month and came back with a new motherboard. Unfortunately, someone neglected to include the USB drivers with the machine, and I cannot access anything through any of the three USB ports. The easy answer is to use the original recovery disk that came with the machine, but of course I have misplaced that.

I contacted Toshiba, but they want $45 just to mail the disk, and it turns out that they don't have it in stock anyway and it would be backordered. Some help!

Can anyone tell me where I can get the USB drivers that I need?

Thank you in advance.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Usually you can use the windows USB driver without problems. I have an older Toshiba laptop which originally said "unsupported [brand, forget which] USB open host controller" or something similar. I just did the "update driver" thing and selected the same driver, only without the "unsupported" and it worked :smile:

That's probably not your issue, but check in device manager to see just in case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you

Thank you for your help. It turned out to be a conflict between the existing drivers on the hard drive, conflicted by the installation of a new motherboard with a different set of drivers. Apparently the techs forgot to check for the problem before they sent it to me "fixed". It has been resolved, thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.