Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ..
I dont know what happen but my comp. is rebooting by itself...is happen maybe 15 time a day..and i didt touch anything..i watch some anime lislen to musik like everyone.And suddenly is booting..I just format my comp.about 2 day ago..and send a report microsoft and that is so rarely that i do that .and they say is was my usb modem cable...??? So i updated...But is still really piss me off..and i cant even know when it will shutdown...maybe now...Virus..??? i dont thing so..

I have no problem with my virtual memory or process...
It just rebooting like this..

Thanx to take your time to read this...
and all respond will be appreciate ..

Thanx and have a nice drink..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thaught it was when i use peer2peer but i change my port...but it was useless...why my modem can cause a reboot...even when my computer doest run any program..???

Thanx..for the reply..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did your computer behave like this B4 you formatted it?

If you wish to have a fresh start it may be better to run Killdisk this will remove all of the previous build. Format and fdisk is just not good enough.

You could have a virus my first guess would be blaster have a read of this and this and run this tool.

You could have a hardware failure but let us know how you get on with this first?

SuperCub

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
are you ignoring me?

i dont see why...

i asked if there is a reason that microsoft says it is your usb modem.

i am thinking that if microsoft thinks it is your usb modem, there must be a reason they think it.

perhaps you could tell us exactly what they said...

if you wont co-operate with my effort to help you, you must not need it.

~BoB~

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, I am also looking forward to hearing the answer to the MS question asked by bob vila

However my comments should help you to eliminate the most obvious potential problem of the Blaster worm whilst we wait. If this proves that you are not infected then nothing is lost.

SuperCub

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
First off, reboots like this are frequently hardware issues. I'd download www.memtest86.com and let it run overnight to eliminate flaky memory as an issue.

You can also right click on My Computer, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, and uncheck the reboot on error box. Then you'll get a blue screen with a frequently useless error code, but it may give a clue as to what's happening. :)

You can also check the event log to see if an error has been logged when the reboots occur.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Thanx you to the reply....
I dont know why microsoft say that is my Usb cable modem..They say is a error of my device driver...that all....

That had happen before and before..
I had try to format and install another OS but it still occured the same problem.....

Sorry bob...just have a late nite..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry ..
i also forgot....
i have my modem cable plug and my internet adapter that i disable... ....
If this can cause a trouble...?

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK Frog you must start carrying out and answering the questions and suggestions we are offering you.

From your last but one post if I understood you correctly this problem has been going on both B4 and after you formatted the disk. That being the case it would look more likely that you have a hardware problem.

So we have asked you to do the following:

1. Copy the results of the error posted to you by MS. Please copy and paste this into your next post. We need to read the exact quote given to you by MS not your interpretation.

2. If possible still run the blaster worm fix tool so we can eliminate this as being part of the problem.

3. Carry out the OS changes and the Mem test as indicated by johnwill.

When you have done all of these, let us know the results as clearly as possible.

SuperCub

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi again...i just find that is was about
sacmxp1.sys error 0X000008E...
fc9s0a31 base atfc950000 datestamp 3f56d63e

What is sacmxp1.sys...?and what is use for..?
thanx

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
yes, black out the identifiable info, like name and email and paste us the actual letter that microsoft sent you.

if they say it is the cable modem then it just might be.

most of the time microsoft isnt wrong, and alot of the time they havent a clue.

never have i seen them be actually wrong, but many time i have seen them not have a clue.

is there a reason you have your modem plugged into the USB?
connecting it to your machine with a cat5 ethernet and a NIC would be the optimum way to connect it.

everyone i know that has ever tried to use the USB connection has had issues with it of some sort or another.

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK Frog

How have you got on with the Blaster Fix Tool, the Mem test and the OS changes?

I will leave bob vila to run through the WebStar driver issue.

SuperCub

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i havent a clue how that would possibly relate to me, so i dont see why you say it could happen to us...

i use a standard netgear fa310tx networking card in my machine. it is connected to a hub with a cat5 cable. the hub is connected to a router, also connected with a cat5 cable. the router is connected to the cable modem on the WAN side with a cat5 cable. all the other computers that connect use standard cat5 cables, and standard network cards. i have never had any sort of a problem that even comes close to resembling either of the things you posted links about. i have also never had any problems like the one you mention about your usb modem.

the problems i have had are limited to our ISP dropping off at times.

it is possible, at least in my mind, that the USB connection you are using is somehow to blame for these issues. i have never seen a USB connection work 100%.

i am unable to help any more on this post, other than to suggest you replace your USB cable with a network card and a cat5 cable.

the times i have helped people with USB networking, this has always been the best solution.

i still dont see why that would even cause a reboot though.

~BoB~

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.