Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a c&c generals player. i recently change my comp to a window xp. last comp was window 98, on paper window xp way outclass window 98. BUT... when i installed ccgenerals to xp it ran much slower then 98.. i think the problem is that on window 98 i upgraded the graphic to geforce4 mx420. now im trying to install the same geforce4 onto xp but the shiz doesnt hav a slot in the components to stick it into the dam computer lol.. what to do :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the reply dai, ima see what a pci card is n if u got any recommended pci card names dont be shy to hola what they are k tnx :)

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
if you haven't a agp slot you will have to discard your agp card and buy a pci card
if you have an agp slot it is the top one below the power supply usually brown colour,if it is not there the white slots below are pci slots

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh dam, soo what ur saying is that the geforce4 thingy is useless if i got a white slot wich is a pci slot. and that i gota go buy a brand new graphic card that fits in the wite slot. dam i thought there woulda be somtin to conect the two soo i dont hav to spend money for a new one dang :evil:

ok I appreciate the 411 on this subject thanks.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
yes, changes are, a new motherboard will cost about the same as the money you will waste throwing out your agp card.

i would buy a new motherboard that supports agp, you will find it will be a better investment than a pci video card would.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.