Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motherboard is at the temp of 64c and my cpu is a ok at 42c on average my system spec is:
PC Chips M848ALU Motherboard
AMD Athlon 2600+ 512kb Cache
80gb 7200pm HDD
Ati 9250 256mb
512mb ram

Im jus worried about the tempreture of the motherboard and need to know if this is safe operating at this high tempreture my case is well vetilated with three case fans installed as well. Any Advice would be most grateful.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

Your motherboard temps are very alarming and unusual / usually a cpu will be 2-5 degrees hotter than the motherboard.

I would remove the side cover to the computer and try running a house fan blowing into the computer to see how much you can cool it down

What brand & model PSU are you running / do you see any capicators bulging on your motherboard or any gooey brown stuff coming out of any of them ???? capicators are the tiny little cylindrical shaped objects soldered onto the mobo

shut down you system and remove the 20 or 24 pin mobo plug that feeds you mobo / are there any pins that look burnt or starting to melt ?????

run this diagnostic program (free) and paste your system temps, cpu temps and system voltages in here for evaluation
http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html

your mobo temps are not critical but they are worthy of an extensive trouble shooting look over /

when monitoring your temps
run defrag, virus scanner, and spyware scannner all at the same time to "work" the system / after 20 minutes of multi tasking record your temps with sandra lite

regards

joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.