Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you.

Could you help me sync my LG K51 android to my Gmail account? I've found procedures online, but when I go to launch Google's SMS Backup+, it fails to launch. I found a workaround online but the instructions don't match or aren't specific enough for me to follow, and I couldn't find the "App passwords." https://bit.ly/3pamKRl.
  1. Now we're going to make an app password for SMS Backup+. Go to security.google.com and select "App passwords." You'll be prompted to sign in again.
I've already got the IMAP enabled. Can you provide step-by-step directions on how to sync this phone to my gmail account? Thank you.

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oscer1,

Thank you for your reply. Very nice. I made a bonehead mistake. I already have my Gmail account linked to my phone. What I am trying to do is sync the text messages on my phone to my Gmail account. Sorry for my error. Thanks.

Mike

·
Global Moderator
51,479 Posts
From what I read, there is no easy way to send free text messages from GMAIL. There used to be some years back, but that capability is no longer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, Johnwill.

All I want to do is save the months of texts from one particular contact. Thank you.

M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts