Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi :wave:

Processor :Intel(R) dual core(TM) processor 2.0 GHz.
RAM : 1 GB ddr2 kingston

These are a few of the specifications of my PC.

Please tell if my PC can run the games like Codemasters Ashes Cricket 2009, The Sims 3 etc.

And also some high graphics games like Assasin's Creed, NFS-shift etc.(though not perfectly)

If it can't run the latter games, please suggest the most appropriate mid-range graphics card.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The specifications told before were different from these, though the games were same.

And I haven't bought the PC yet, one of my friends is offering it to me.

So these are very few of the specifications that she told me.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
If the computer has onboard graphics then you'll be lucky to play any of the games you've asked about. You really need a dedicated graphics card to play any of the newer games.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But somebody told me that a PC with such requirements can run The Sims 3 and Ashes 09 but can't run games like Assasin's Creed and NFS-Shift unless I get a dedicated graphics card.

So before taking any step, I thought to discuss the issue with the TSF gaming team experts.

Any further suggestion for games like Ashes 09 and The Sims 3..any probability or certainty?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
It is highly unlikely that any post-2007 game will run properly on an integrated graphics chipset. Also, that CPU is quite old, I honestly don't think that that system could play any of the games you've asked about.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
The motherboard details will tell you what kind of graphics card you can install. It will either be AGP or PCIE.

If the motherboard allows the use of a PCIE graphics card, you will also need to check the label on the side of the PSU (power supply unit). Upgrading from onboard graphics to a PCIE card usually means the PSU needs to be upgraded as well, to cope with the extra power requirements.

Ask your friend to run Everest on the computer and go to Report at the top of the Window. Select Quick Report - Plain Text. Save the report.

This will create a text file showing all the computer's details. Get her to email you the text file, then post it here in your next reply.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*Asus P5n73-cm motherboard
*3.0ghz,2mb cache, 800mhz fsb, HT Processor (intel 630)
*1gb DDRII Ram
*120Gb WD Sata Hard drive (8mb cache, 7200 RPM)
*Tower ATX Casing + PSU
*Combo Drive
*512Mb Nvidia 7100Gs Integrated Graphics
*8 channel Integrated Sound
*Giga Integrated LAN

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I'm pretty sure that motherboard only has AGP slots. AGP graphics cards are very old and much slower than PCI express. Basically, I wouldn't suggest an AGP card to play any of those games. Do you have to buy this computer?

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi friends.

Do you think I should buy the PC I told about.?

If not then what about this?

Asus P5kpl-cm
Intel Dual Core E5200
Xfx 8600gt 256mb DDR3
RAM : 2GB
Hard disk space : 150 GB

The person says that he has played the following games on this PC :-

Assasin's Creed on high settings
MW2 on high settings
Resident Evil 5 on high settings
NFS shift on medium settings
Crysis Warhead on medium
Bioshock and Mass Effect on high
Left for dead 2 on high
Batman Arkham on high
Borderlands (full maxxed out)
GTA IV (on medium textures else all the things on max)

This one is being offered to me.
What do you people say about this one?

·
Hardware Team , Games Team
4,651 Posts
I think that person was just trying to make a sale. With those Specs you would be lucky to run most of the game on Low/Medium mix. It will struggle with GTA IV and the same with Borderlands.

I have an 8600GT in another PC in my house with the same Processor it can just play TF2 above 30fps in many cases during fire fights its usless. Luckly its an office PC.

Change the processor to an E7500 and an 8800GTX for a graphics card then yes most of those games will run on high. The only exeception will be GTA IV. Which requires insane specs to play smoothly.

Also make sure the PC comes with a solid PSU. Something like a Thermaltake ToughPower 750W with [email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.