Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need to access www.team-mediaportal.com, but for some reason I can't.

I'm running Vista Enterprise on my laptop with IE7 and I can access the web site at work. However, at home, with the same laptop, I can't access the site.
This is the only web site that has this problem. I have the same problem on my desktop machine at home, which is running XP.

I know the site is up, because I asked a friend to check the connection.

There's no problem with my router, because no settings have changed since the last time I was able to log on to the site.

The only thing which HAS changed, is my ISP. I phoned them, but they were at a total loss as to the cause. They're not blocking the site.

I think there could be a problem with their DNS server, so I checked the IP address of team-mediaportal.com, but I can't seem to connect with that either. I entered http://213.202.245.208.

Can anyone suggest how I can get onto the site and/or what might be causing this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's possible, but I can't think of any reason they would do that.

Also, I was able to briefly get onto the site earlier (after posting here).

I think it's down to a problem with my ISP's DNS set-up. I thought if I used nslookup to get the site's IP address, I would be able to access the web site using that.

Any thoughts?

Can you try running 'nslookup team-mediaportal.com' from a CMD prompt and post the resulting IP address please?

·
Registered
339 Posts
hello

This happened to me a few months back w/ the web site where I work.
I could not get to it from home.
My ISP at home being different from the one that hosts the site.
In my case there was also a problem w/ my work email from the same ISP that hosts the site.
As it turns out my home ISP was blocking the host site.
Once that was pulled everything worked great.
FYI

fmg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.