Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a problem for the past few weeks in which when i try to browse webpages, I keep gettin the microsoft error, however sometimes it browses the same sites without any problems. Could you please help me on how to fix this problem......I have already sent a report to microsoft but no response.
Thanks in advance

P

·
0 Posts
:) First of all I apriciate your efford trying to solve your problem :) If there was an article about the problem error reportying would have given you a link to follow with a solution in the end. Microsoft will not contact you ragarding your problem :)

Is there a spesific message on the error box ? What kind of problems are you experiencing with your system ? What browser are you using IE ? mozilla ? opera ? yahoo ? Please provide more information :)

regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey again

Firstly the browser I am using is IE version 6.0.The message I am getting is "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The system itself runs fine except when i try to browse some web pages or even check my Yahoo mail account this error pops up. I am tryin to resolve this problem without having to reinstall Windows XP (home) Any help at all will be appreciated. Thankin u again in advance.

vijay

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
did this error all of a sudden started appearing?

hmmm first thing is to scan your system for any spywares. good programs to download include "spybot" and "adware SE" from www.majorgeeks.com in addition, if you dont have an anti-virus program already check out AVG which can be downloaded from the same site.

install all three programs, update them, and let spybot, adware, and even AVG get rid of the spywares and trojans.

another thing you can do is to perform a windows update and see if that works out for you. also you can try uninstalling and re-installing IE over and see if that helps too. to uninstall IE, simply click on start -> settings -> control panel -> click on add/remove windows components -> and then uninstall IE.

reboot the computer and then go into control panel again and install IE and see if the problem goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.